Stuck In Barrow Downs Glitch
Console: XBOX 360
Yes the system downloaded a patch on the first use.
Playing in split screen coop/single player.
I was first experiencing the coop desync glitch when myself (using an online profile as host) and my girlfriend (using an offline profile) were playing. On reaching chapter 4 prologue and saving it showed her character as still in chapter 3 part 1. I back tracked with her character in single player to try to bring it back up even with mine and it showed as not even having the chapter 2 quests completed. Upon trying to recomplete the Barrow Downs her character is loaded after the last checkpoint prior to the boss wight, where the door to the previous portal is sealed behind you. The boss will not spawn after reaching the location, leaving the character trapped in this area and unable to go anywhere else.
That is one we hadn't heard before. It could be that you're in a bug within a bug (yes, it happens) where the first bug is actually the causation of the other, but I want to be certain.
...You say you both went back to 3.1, with her as host. Are you both playing in 3.1 or are you "soloing" her character?
I was soloing her character to get it back up even with mine. My character still shows as being in chapter 4.1 where we had previously reach on coop and when I initially loaded her character before trying to backtrack it her character was in the Gundabad mission start. I did try reloading both characters back into the barrow area with her character as host still but it had no affect on it. The boss still did not spawn and it was still stuck.
This is the part that I want to delve deeper on.
Originally Posted by Revan Storm
Can you answer the following?
1) When you first played, did you both sign in with your individual unique Xbox 360 accounts?
2) When you both quit, and noticed that her save was at 3.1, where did you see that she was at 3.1? Was it in text, or did she actually load there?
3) When you came back to solo, you had signed in with *her* unique Xbox 360 account and selected to continue her save, correct?
4) When you came back to solo, are you sure you selected her existing save in the same storage device?
5) When you came back to solo, did you return to chapter 2, or chapter 3?
On a side note we had completed the side quest in this area of clearing the tombs out and the quest still showed up as completed. The 2 off-shoot tombs did not spawn enemies when entered and appeared still cleared.
1) Yes we both signed into our individual accounts.
2) It was in the text on her account. And when trying to use it with my chapter 4 character it said her character was behind in the story and wouldn't save if loaded with it.
3) That is correct.
4) Yes, I only use the single hard drive I have on my XBOX 360.
5) When I returned to Rivendell it showed the setup and characters as it should for chapter 4 (The eagles were present and the continue portal in the new location) instead of chapter 3 (Rivendell is the base location for both of these chapters) so I tried going back to the ranger encampment (Chapter 2) to see if going even farther back I would be able to alleviate this issue. On arriving at the camp it gave the quest to go track down the 2 missing Rangers again so I tried to follow through and complete the quest. It functioned normally up until the boss fight, then when I entered the final room the first time the ranger accompanying you simply stood in the doorway and did not enter. The boss did not spawn and there was no cutscene. Subsequent loads the ranger does not even appear and there is still no boss or cutscene.
Out of curiosity, what happened when you tried to go into the portal in Rivendell (between the two eagles?)
In any case, this sounds like the desync issue at work.
It's actually the root of most of our reported issues, and we're working to get a patch out ASAP. (Our programmer is actually on it right now).
The fix should fix the issue regardless... I'm just trying to figure out if there is a workaround I can help you with in the short term.
It brought up the map, which showed the travel points through to chapter 4. On a side note when I attempted to go to the eagles to talk no dialogue option appeared. There was no available interaction with them. Also I noticed that originally it had shown the save point for the character as being at chapter 3.1, but the new save point (at the Barrow Lord) is now showing it as Chapter 3.5. It also kept the completion of some of the secondary quests, such as clearing the side tombs, but did not show the completion of any main quests, and all of the side quests from Bree did not show up as completed.
Hi there, I am having somewhat of the same problem, I was attempting to fight that boss for the first time and simply got stuck in that bug where to doors will not open and no boss is spawning, did you ever find a solution?